Kevin J. Kitson
Mr. Kitson is the founder and Managing Partner of the firm. He is a litigator and the leading member of the Criminal & Civil Defense and Commercial practice groups.
Over the course of his career Kevin has been involved in some of the regions most sophisticated and high profile cases. He has never lost sight of the human side of legal actions and strives to ensure that clients understand the litigation process and have influence over the course of actions to be taken.
Prior to starting The Kitson Law Firm, Kevin was Associate/Senior Trial Litigator at the law firm of David E. Worby, P.C., he represented Plaintiffs and Defendants in personal injury and medical malpractice proceedings. Kevin was an Associate at the law firm of Francis J. Young, P.C. litigating civil and criminal lawsuits.
Additionally, Kevin was an Assistant District Attorney and Senior Trial Counsel for the Westchester County District Attorney’s Office. His responsibilities included Trial Assistant to the Superior Court Trial Division, Section Chief of the Superior Court Trial Division, were he was responsible for supervision and training of Assistant District Attorneys and Senior Trial Assistant assigned to the federally funded three-person Career Criminal Unit.
Mr. Kitson started his career with the Bronx County District Attorney’s Office as an Assistant District Attorney. He was assigned to the Criminal Court, Grand Jury, Superior Court Trial Bureaus and was Trial Attorney for the Homicide Bureau.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury Law
- Medical Law
- Commercial Law
- Contested Trusts and Estates
- 95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New York, 1973
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- St John's University, School of Law
- J.D. - 1973
- Manhattan College
- B.A. - 1970
- Lecturer - CLE program at Pace University Law School
- Lecturer - National Business Institute
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Westchester County Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member